Saturday 14 September 2019

Ten

I'm back again! With EIGHT chapters this time.
I know it's been almost four months, but hey the struggle is almost over. Writers block came back in a pretty big way, but I pushed through it and am on the home stretch now. I can see the scenes; eight full chapters and two epilogue chapters, hence the title of this update. Don't worry though, there's still a few twists and turns left for you to see, as well as a few combat scenes and what I hope people will find is a satisfying conclusion to Laurence's story.

What have I been up to for the last few months? Mainly sweating. It's been really goddamn warm in the UK, with it only cooling down over the last week, which has not helped my ability to write. You'd think doing something mostly sedentary would be easier in the heat, but it just becomes rather uncomfortable to do anything that isn't living in the shower in a country that simply doesn't use air conditioning. I think I need some kind of fan. My mental state has been okay though. I've been happy with things, or at least content about how things are going with my life, which is better than this time last year when I was in the depths of a profound depression. I've not made too many stupid choices as of late, other than not writing enough to finish Babel, and am mostly sleeping better. I'm improving. Either way, here's the chapters:

Chapter 58 - Like Father Like Daughter
Chapter 59 - Returning To The Maelstrom
Chapter 60 - Familiar Faces
Chapter 61 - The Path To Ascension
Chapter 62 - The Well
Chapter 63 - Cross and Double Cross
Chapter 64 - Fated Enemies
Chapter 65 - Mind Games

As a final note, I finally got to use the subtitle of the series as a chapter title! That gives me infinite amusement for some reason. Anyway, have fun, and I intend to finish everything by October, but we shall see. I'm not exactly known for sticking to a deadline.

-Seth

No comments:

Post a Comment